Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby Appleseed

Exciting news: Yesterday I crossed over from a poppy seed to an apple seed. OK, the the baby is the one that really did all the growing last week. I'm still excited, though! I'm probably going to give ridiculous little updates like this for the next 35 weeks (and ONLY 35 weeks, hopefully) thanks to The Bump, so send the angry emails there.

Speaking of updates, I really really really want to start doing bump updates. You know, take a picture of my little belly (well it's little right now, OK?), post facts about the week, things like that. It would be nice to have pictures of what I looked like and felt like every week during pregnancy. I'll probably go with using my amazing chalkboard we made for the kitchen à la Little Baby Garvin to document the week. I don't think I'll get quite as decorative as she does, since she probably has the nicest handwriting in the world, but I like the idea. I also like the questionnaire format she uses for the information on most of the posts. I noticed Anna Saccone does something similar when she updates her blog, and I really like the questions!

Now all I need to do is find a quirky fun name for the posts.. Like "Bumpdate". Or "BumpWatch"! Or.... "Bumpin' It". Maybe "This Belly is Bumpin' "?

 My hospital has a free pre-natal class this week, and I had a chance to check it out. I was pretty jazzed to go because I had all of these questions to ask. Can I exercise? How do you feel about lunchmeat? You know, things like that. They answered everything and more, and handed out these amazing binders with great information in it. It had timelines for genetic testing, general guidelines about what's safe and what isn't, and there was free food. If you're going to put 10-30 pregnant women in a room there had better be free food.

The good news is I was cleared for Yoga with modification down the road, and also for jogging as long as I don't overheat myself or raise my heartrate above 140. The nurse even encouraged me to keep working on my core, not for the potential six pack I'm creating, but because it will help with labor and also help me bounce back to my normal weight afterwards. So while I don't think I'll be attending the Les Mills CX Works anytime soon, I won't feel guilty when we do pilates in Bodyflow. Although I have to admit, I was looking forward to being lazy during core and back under the "no no, I'm pregnant" excuse. I suppose that will have to wait until the 2nd trimester.

I also met my nurse while I was checking the time and Doctor for my first appointment. I actually really liked her until she informed me that I would have to drink 32 oz. of water prior to the appointment without peeing. She told me not to worry about it if I can't make it to 32 oz, but I think the whole "don't pee" thing is probably mandatory. At least the sonogram is the first thing we do, so I can run to the bathroom after hearing the little one's heartbeat. I feel like it might ruin the moment, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment