Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 18!




How far along? 18 Weeks

Total weight gain? The cupcake and I gained 1 lb this week, and that puts us at 6.5 lbs total.

Waist/Belly Measurement? 27.5"/33.5”, up ½” in the and the waist for 1” total this week. That makes 5” for my 18 week total!

Maternity clothes? I’m wearing maternity jeans/pants and a few shirts. Most shirts are still way too big for me, though. I can’t believe I still fit into those white pants! I think I have the most trouble getting them over the junk in my trunk, which was kind of always a problem. But they fit good around the belly area now that baby has finally started to creep upwards. Plus they just make me feel stylish and un-pregnant, which I really like.

Stretch marks? Still none!

Sleep? Sleep has been normal, and I’m so glad I’m not tired all the time anymore!

Best moment this week? We finally finished painting the nursery! Jesse actually allowed me to finish up the trim painting because there wasn’t much. We have some exterminators coming in this week because we have ants! It’s starting to get pretty dry in TX, so the ants are coming in looking for water.. yuck! But after they get the baseboards sprayed we’ll put the crib together, hang the curtains, and put up our new shelf.

Have you told Family and Friends? Yes!

Miss Anything? Sandwich meat. I swear, everytime I wanted to eat out this week I wanted a sandwich. haha

Movement? Yes! I think the cupcake wakes up around 1-3 PM every day and stretches out because I feel pressure right below my belly button at that time every day! I also noticed that he or she migrates over to the right side of my body during that time because my belly is lopsided at that point. Everytime I think of the cupcake moving it makes me giggle because at our last ultrasound the technician kept probing and the baby would kind of flail like “STOP!!” Jesse said that makes him think we’ve got a little boy in there, just because of the attitude. I think it’s a girl because that just seems like something I would do. :)

Cravings? PASTA. Oh goodness me, I want pasta for every meal. My checklist goes as follows: Is it pasta? Does it have chicken? Will there be a cream sauce? Is it spicy? Then I’ll take it.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I got kind of nauseated on Saturday night (really late, like 3am) but I think that was because we were traveling and I was eating really bad. Like stadium nachos and pizza. I just don’t eat like that normally! I’ve been really healthy lately, and my body was not a fan of the grease.

Have you started to show? Oh I think so. I definitely look pregnant, especially after all of that pasta I tend to crave. My manager pointed out that I’m really tiny, though, and that if you didn’t know me you wouldn’t know I was pregnant.

Labor Signs? Nope!

Symptoms? Still getting the teeniest backache here and there, but it’s always when I’ve been moving a little too much. I just don’t think my frame can handle me running a marathon at this point.

Belly Button in or out? I'm still an innie!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time? I was pretty happy all week! Some 10 year old was heckling me at the football game, though, and it took everything inside of me not to walk over and drag him by his ear to his apparently unobservant parents. SOME PEOPLE!!

Looking forward to? Assembling the crib and hanging stuff on the walls. I’m seriously into this nursery thing! I can’t believe some people let this slide until after the baby is born, I’m super proactive about this.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment