Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peek!

So I'm being a little delinquent here with my week 19 bump post (I'll try to get it up tonight!) but I've been working like crazy and I also have a sick husband on my hands. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of the nursery! The only thing we've bought for the nursery that's actually in there right now is the chair, the floor poof(which I re-covered!), the curtains, and the rug. Everything else was in there before which is why it still resembles the craft room it once was! We tried to keep it really gender neutral because right now we don't know what gender our little cupcake is and also, some people just don't want to know. In the end it will be primarily gray, black, and white (which is pretty obvious) with pops of yellow and turquoise(which is slightly less obvious at the moment). Enjoy!




The empty corner is where the crib will live once we actually get it put together. I opened the package to get going on it this weekend, and it turned out that the mattress platform was a little damaged. Looks like I'll have to get that replaced. Whomp whomp!





My sewing area! I have no idea where I'm going to put that table when all is said and done. We might just have to get rid of the loveseat in the office and put it there. Once that's gone the dressers will migrate towards one another and we'll hang the shelf over the top. You may remember the dressers from my facebook post in April. Hot glue and fabric are my very best friends.

 This is the view from the door. You can really see all of the extension cords and mess from here.. haha We still need to get blinds for the window, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. We can't seem to find a single set that is long enough, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with putting two in there. I saw a really cute post on Young House Love where they used two cheap bamboo blinds from Walmart and hung the curtains high and outside of the actual window. Jesse did that on his own, so I might look into that. They would be pretty close to the color of the floor so I don't think it would clash TOO horribly. Also, I'd like to point out the AWESOME light fixture that has been hanging in that room for over a year now. Special thanks to my Mommy who bought it for me at a flea market last year when they were visiting. I absolutely LOVE it and it goes so well with everything else!








Just for fun, here's a gratuitous belly shot! Interestingly, I'm not pregnant from behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment