Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bump Watch: Week 38!

Looks like little Miss E has dropped!

How far along? 38 Weeks

Total weight gain? Only gained 1 lb this week, so I’m officially up 35 lbs to 141lbs!

Waist/Belly Measurement? 30.5”/40”. I went up ½” in the belly so now I’m 40”! That’s kind of exciting! I can also tell that I’ve dropped. It’s not as apparent when I’m wearing clothes, but you can tell with the bare belly.

Stretch marks? I’m actually not sure? I looked at the underside of my belly and I saw what looked like stretch marks, but upon further investigation they looked more like faint blueish veins than purple stretch marks. I guess we’ll find out with E arrives and I can look at my whole belly! Even if they are stretch marks, I think there were like 2 or 3. I’ll take that.

Sleep? Still really bad! I wake up every few hours to pee, and I’m also really uncomfortable laying in most positions. Plus our little cupcake has developed a new nighttime routine which involves trying to claw her way out via my bladder for about 2 hours starting at 9:30 PM on the dot.

Best moment this week? The nursery is DONE. Like, done done. The changing pad is installed, the cover is on it, all of the surfaces are cleaned, and things are organized and where they should be! Well, until I decide to reorganize them while I’m waiting for her to arrive. I also got a pedicure on Saturday, because I can’t reach my toes anymore, and I made little gifts for the nurses. Nurses need love, too!

Miss Anything? Being comfortable and fashionable. I’ve definitely moved passed the maternity jeans phase and into the maternity leggings phase. I have 4 pairs of those and 2 pairs of regular leggings that fit. I’m pretty much strictly wearing those under dresses/tunics at this point with my black or brown boots. I just want to use my closet again!!!

Movement? She’s still doing a ton of wriggling, but it’s more predictable now. I know about what times she wakes up and shifts, but unfortunately it’s mostly between the hours of 6PM and 12PM. She moves around for the other 18 hours, too, but she’s really active in that 6 hour span. Mostly on my bladder.

Cravings? I actually had a really weird shift this week. Even though I still wanted ice cream (custard to be exact) I also wanted cucumbers and pineapple.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Labor Signs? I had some bodily signs this week, which I can only describe as everything BUT contractions. I was dialated to 1 cm and 75% effaced on January 2nd, which the doctor was really excited about. Then my body started down the “I think we’re going to go into labor” path a few times, but it never fully kicked off. You always here people say that they’re baby is just too comfortable to move, but I seriously think this is my body. She obviously wants to come out as she keeps trying to claw her way through my bladder, but my body just keeps telling her that she needs to hang out a while longer. Jesse and I discussed that I could just be having contractions that I’m not noticing that are dialating me. We’ll find out tomorrow I guess!

Symptoms? Very swollen. Very tired. Very pregnant.

Belly Button in or out?  It was in all week. I don’t think this thing is coming out.

Wedding rings on or off? Still off. I noticed that it’s because my knuckles are swollen, not my fingers. Don’t get me wrong, those are swollen too. But it’s the knuckle that’s stopping my ring right now.

Happy or Moody most of the time? For being a tired, large, pregnant lady….. I think I’m pretty cheerful.

Looking forward to? Wearing my old clothes (please, dear lord let this happen) and cuddling with E. Seriously, body, let her come out already!!


No comments:

Post a Comment