Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bump Watch: Week 37!



You hear that baby? You can come out. Seriously.
How far along? 37 Weeks, we’re full term!!

Total weight gain? Up 2 lbs again to 140 lbs. I read somewhere that weight gain slows after 36 weeks. I read some blatant lies. haha

Waist/Belly Measurement? 30.5”/39.5”. I went up ½” in the belly. I’m almost to 40”, I can’t believe it!

Stretch marks? Still none of these… Although my thoughtful cousin (cough cough SARAH!!!!!!) pointed out that she didn’t get any until 37 weeks.

Sleep? I’ve been sleeping so horrible lately! My hips are getting sore at night (along with whichever shoulder/arm I’m laying on) and I have to pee like crazy! I keep telling myself it’s only 3 more weeks, and I can totally do this. I do end up being really tired and falling asleep sitting up on the couch most nights, though.

Best moment this week? Honestly this week was pretty slow. Jesse took me to Ikea on Saturday after he got off work, which was amazing as always. He wanted to get an expedit book case for the nursery. I have no idea why he thinks we need more storage, we have 4 dressers and a closet. What we lack is floor space.. haha He did decide to let me repurpose it as a changing table, so I need to pick up a changing pad for the top.

Miss Anything? I kind of miss the New Years Eve celebrations. I don’t even get a glass of champagne at midnight! Not that I would be awake at midnight anyway. Jesse said he’s going to buy me a bottle of sparkling grape drink, instead. Such a sweetheart. :)

Movement? She still moves around quite a bit, but I’ve noticed that it’s a different motion and it doesn’t happen as often. It’s more like rolling and pushing. She also can’t wind up and really wail on me anymore since it’s getting cramped in there, so that’s enjoyable.

Cravings? More of the same but with the addition of pizza. I think it’s less cravings and more like I’m just hungry all the time.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No. In fact I could eat everything in sight.

Labor Signs? I thought I was going into labor on Saturday again, and I was up most of the night because I was so uncomfortable. Turns out she just pushes on my bladder/intestines/bowels sometimes more than others, which causes a cramping sensation. I didn’t think they were contractions because there weren’t defined start/stop points. Once I got up and walked around the house a little bit they went away.

Symptoms? I’m still a little swollen in the extremities, but I didn’t have any acid reflux! I’m pretty tired, too.

Belly Button in or out?  Well sometimes it’s in, but it looks like it really wants to pop out. I got kind of excited after I ate one day because I thought it popped out, but it went back in.. haha

Wedding rings on or off? I’m still keeping these off since I don’t want them to get stuck. I’m wearing a ring my parents bought me in highschool which actually fits pretty well right now instead. This doesn’t stop everyone in history from looking at me like “Damn teen mom’s are ruining this country.” It doesn’t help that I’m short, look like I’m 18, and drive a Kia Soul.

Happy or Moody most of the time? Jesse says my temperament hasn’t changed at all during the pregnancy. “You were always pretty easily annoyed”. He’s correct.

Looking forward to? Still meeting the baby! Seriously, baby. You’re full term. Anytime now is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment