Monday, April 1, 2013

Two Month Update!

Looks like I've once again dropped the ball. Little Emily is 2.5 months old and I'm just now posting this, plus the last post was her late one month update. *Bad blogger alert*

In my defense, I had no idea how busy I would be! I knew we'd be busy, but the lack of free time is pretty incredible. Plus I went back to work when she was a little over 6 weeks old, so I've got even less free time. The free time I have is spent cuddling with Emily, Jesse, and Sammy. I can't think of a better way to spend it! But since people actually read this, I'm going to take time out of my busy pumping break to catch everyone up on how our little pumpkin is doing.

At her two month appointment (which was actually at 6 weeks) she was 10 lbs  oz and 20" long. She was in the 10th percentile for height, 40th for weight, and 75th for head. That's why we call her pumpkin. Lovingly, of course.. :) They gave her all of her vaccinations for two months at that appointment because she was starting daycare, and I have to admit it was really hard on me. She really wailed when she got those, but thankfully she took them like a champ and didn't even break a fever. I was so proud of my little gal!

I kind of love that face.


Like I said, she's also started going to daycare. This was surprisingly OK for me and a little harder on the hubby than I thought. She seems to be just fine with it, though. I've noticed a huge change in her mood since she's started going. I can actually lay her down in her pack and play while I'm doing something (like, getting ready for work) and she just kind of coos and looks around. It's pretty stinking adorable. She doesn't need to be walked around or rocked to bed anymore, either. We used to have to put her to sleep before we got anywhere near her sleeper or she'd absolutely lose it. Now I can put her in it wide awake after her bath and late night snack (aka, her bottle) and she'll fall right asleep without any problem. Next stop: Crib town!

It's like they're high fiving!
Speaking of sleep, Baby E is sleeping through the night, in both the technical sense and the literal sense. She zonks out around 8:45 PM and doesn't wake up until 7:30AM. I guess sleeping through the night is defined as a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep, so she was doing that around one month. Whoops!Hopefully she sleeps like that once we start her in her own room. I bought an Angelcare Movement Monitor to use when she migrates so I don't freak out about SIDS.

One last thing before we go.... My little pumpkin has started to smile! We had been having a particularly bad Saturday filled with lots of crying because the little Miss was overtired. I finally got her to go down for a nap (and take a shower!!), but when I got out Jesse was lying on the bed next to her sleeper because she had started to wake up. All of a sudden I hear this giggle come out of my manly husband, and I asked him what was going on, and he responded that she smiled at him. SO JEALOUS. But I did manage to catch a little their flirt-fest on camera. She's so stinking cute when she smiles!



No comments:

Post a Comment