Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 36!

Too bad the picture isn't great. I think it's one of my better chalkboards!
How far along? 36 Weeks. It's really 36.5 weeks, but I keep forgetting my camera in my desk at work. Bear with me on the quality and tardiness of the picture.

Total weight gain? Continuing my steady 2 lbs a week gain, I’m now 138 lbs. I blame this on E. She’s getting REALLLLLLY big in there. I can tell she’s frustrated with the lack of space.

Waist/Belly Measurement? 30.5”/39”. I got that ½” in my waist back and gained a whole inch in my belly! I guess my belly has finally caught up with me.. haha

Stretch marks? Still none! But my belly is starting to grow faster, so we’ll see if this keeps up.

Sleep? This whole pregnancy has been amazing for sleep, until this week. I swear I’ve had to pee at least 5 times a night. It’s not fun to roll yourself in and out of bed 5 times.

Best moment this week? Jesse finished the floors in our bedroom this weekend! We finally live in a normal house again! Plus our bedroom looks super spectacular clean right now, which I’m digging. The Dr. also told me on Friday that our little cupcake is not only head down but she’s engaged! She must have done that to herself between Tuesday and Friday, but he said she’s stuck there until she decides to come out!

Miss Anything? Being comfortable. This past week was crazy for growth with E, and I can’t really move the way I could a week ago. Since she’s head down she’s also pushing on all of my nerves down there, so getting a shooting pain in a weird place has become the norm.

Movement? Still moving around! On Tuesday night she did the most adorable thing. Well, it would have been adorable if she wasn’t doing it at 5AM. She had the hiccups and finally just got frustrated so she decided to move around and find a way to make them stop. So I would get a hiccup sensation by my pelvis, then one by my ribs, then one on the left, and so on. She continued this for about 30 minutes. Like I said, it would have been so stinking cute if I wasn’t trying to sleep. Haha Since she engaged she moves a little less. She can only really kick and punch me, and can’t move her head too much, so she’s a little less loosey goosey with the movements.

Cravings? Mostly the ice cream this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Still no nausea! Still getting a ton of acid reflux, though.

Labor Signs? I thought I was going to go into labor on Thursday, which wasn’t comfortable. She likes to push on my back when I have contractions. This is going to be an awesome L&D.

Symptoms? Swelling. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. My poor little water retaining body.

Belly Button in or out?  Still in!

Wedding rings on or off? Alas, I haven’t been able to put on my wedding rings since Thursday night. I think they’re off for the rest of the pregnancy. Almost made it until the end!

Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy! Other than the usual holiday shopper being totally and unnecessarily rude, I’ve been pretty nice.

Looking forward to? This baby deciding she’s ready to meet us. I’m sure it’s getting pretty cramped in there, and my clothes are starting to be really unflattering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment