Friday, February 8, 2013

Three Week Update!

Three weeks down! I can't even fathom that our little pumpkin is three weeks old, or that I'm halfway through my maternity leave. Yikes, time moves fast! I can't believe how big the cupcake is compared to when she was born. She's still small enough to fit into her newborn clothes, which makes me wish we had bought more of them. We have one outfit (her going home outfit) and a handful of onesies and pants. She can sort of fit into 0-3 month onesies depending on where it's from, but the pants are WAY too long. She'll be in the newborn pants for a while. Jesse says she has his legs, which means she has super short legs and a long torso. Granted, we both have short legs, but I'm 5' with a 28.5" inseam and he's 5'11" with a 30" inseam. So yeah, he has short legs. haha



Our little chunk is also guzzling down milk at every meal. I weighed her in the most scientific way possible (I weighed myself, then I weighed myself holding her...) and she now weighs around 8 lbs. She's up to 3.5 oz per bottle, but she's only taking 2-3 a day. We tend to give her bottles for her middle of the night feeds because she can be really fussy and cry (OK, more like wail!) for 15-20 minutes before she latches properly at night. During the day we nurse because it's less work. If I gave her bottles I'd have to feed her, get her to sleep, pump, and then clean all the parts. By the time I finished all that she'd be ready to eat again! So Jesse and I both get up twice a night, change her diaper, and while he gives her a bottle I go to the nursery and pump. After that we'll put her back in her back in her swaddle sack and set her in her Rock and Play sleeper. She's usually out in about 10 minutes after that. It takes about 45 minutes total, but like I said it's only twice a night at this point so it's not too bad.

She's also pretty predictable as far as times go. She almost always wakes up at 12-1 AM and then again at 4-5AM. When she wakes up around 8:30 AM I'll nurse her in the living room and then we're up for the day. She finishes nursing around 9:15 AM and then fusses for about...... 90 minutes. Yes. She'll through a holy fit for an hour and a half unless I'm carrying her or holding her. Usually I'll hang out on the couch with her or put her in her sling so I can get things done, like eating breakfast. Then she'll fall back asleep around 10:30-11 AM and wake up around 12:30 PM to nurse again. After that her schedule is slightly less predictable until around 7 PM. We nurse at 6 PM and again around 9 PM and then she's down for the night. Every other night we try to get a bath in between 6 and 9, and usually sometime during the day I'll either put her in the stroller or the sling and take her for a walk.

As far as milestones go, we're still doing tummy time a few days a week, and my baby girl surprised me at 17 days old by doing this....


Yeah. This little cupcake rolled over. She did it twice before I got out my cell phone, and I couldn't believe she did it again! Sorry for the shakiness and the baby talk. I can't really help it.. haha

See you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment