Monday, November 5, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 29!

I feel like the gourd family gets alot of love in these size comparisons.


How far along? 29 Weeks

Total weight gain? I’m 128 lbs this week. Yikes! I blew right by that 20 lb milestone this week! Interestingly, Jesse has been keeping me upbeat by reminding me that I was 127 lbs when we graduated and I’ve only weighed 106 lbs since we got married. I think he was trying to remind me that I can be skinny again if I set my mind to it. He really is the best! :)

Waist/Belly Measurement? 30"/37”, I’m really excited about this because I’ve gained 10”!!! I started out at 26”/31” and I’m up 4” in the waist and 6” in the belly. So exciting!

Maternity clothes? Still rocking all of my maternity gear, other than the red jeans in the picture. Those are my regular jeans. Hey, when the scale tells you you’re fat, go put on a pair of pre-maternity jeans with a rubberband and make yourself feel better. haha! I did start to buy/make things for the hospital this weekend. I made a quick empire waisted nursing night gown with snaps on the straps and some reusable breast pads. I also printed and assembled the pattern for my hospital gown (because of course I’m making a really cute one!) and I’m going to try to make another nightgown this week. And I scored a super comfy gray jersey robe off of the clearance rack at target which I plan on wearing while I’m in the hospital. The robe I currently have is huge and would take up the ENTIRE suitcase!!

Stretch marks? Not yet! Still using my lotions and such to keep them at bay. A nice side effect of using the palmers cocoa butter line for stretch marks is that it treats the ones you have. I can hardly even see my old ones. Amazing!

Sleep? Awesome. Sleep is so awesome right now. I only wake up when I have to pee, which is only around twice a night. Some nights I’m exhausted and some nights I’m a ball of energy, though, and that’s kind of weird.

Best moment this week? We took the boat out for a little while this weekend! In Texas it’s insanely hot in the summertime, so fall is when we boat. We travelled all September and Jesse worked all October, so finally getting to take out the boat and just relax was so nice. Plus it was 85 degrees. Yes, it was 85 degrees on November 3rd.

Miss Anything? Nope!

Movement? We’re still very active! The kicks and punches are getting stronger, too. I think Jesse’s getting irritated that he can’t feel them on the outside because anytime he gets near the belly and starts talking the cupcake just gets calm. Then there’s little to no movement when he touches the belly. I personally think that’s a good sign, since he’s got a calming effect. He disagrees and wants to feel the movement. :)

Cravings? I really wanted sweet potatoes. I bought one, but I haven’t made it yet. Mmmmm sweet potatoes with marshmallows. So unhealthy, but so delicious!

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Labor Signs? I thought I might have had some Braxton Hicks or something on Sunday night, but I seriously think it was just gas. It’s kind of hilarious.

Symptoms? I’ve been keeping the house CRAZY clean! Like loading the dishwasher every night (not the norm around here), keeping the laundry clean and folded, and picking up everything in the living room at night. Our house has never looked better! I’ve also started to retain water which has probably attributed to the weight gain. I now have cankles.

Belly Button in or out?  I keep waiting for it to fully pop. I can kind of see it through some shirts. If you see me in public, don’t laugh.

Wedding rings on or off? The big guy is on, but my other one (the heart shaped engagement ring) is definitely off. Darn you, water retention.

Happy or Moody most of the time? Mostly happy unless I’m tired.

Looking forward to? Finding out the results of my glucose test. I took it last Tuesday and I still don’t know! I’m taking maternity pictures this Wednesday, too, so that’s something I’m really excited for! We’re doing it out in the Hill Country area. That’s where we take the boat out, and all of the leaves were turning! It looked like fall, which makes me even MORE excited to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment