Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bump Watch: Week 35!

After moving all of the furniture out of the way, I got too lazy to be witty. Oops.


How far along? 35 Weeks

Total weight gain? Up another 2lbs 136lbs, which makes 30 lbs total! I talked to my Doctor about my weight gain and how I feel like I might veer out of the healthy range, and his response was (totally not paraphrasing), “Well you needed to gain weight.” I totally burst out laughing, and in that moment I knew that I was OK with maybe gaining 40 lbs. It’s not 80 lbs, and the important thing is that little Miss E comes out healthy. So then I proceeded to just enjoy my pregnancy and eat if I felt like it, and I actually gained less weight according to my digital scale. Go figure. Anyway, if I want a shake and some sugar cookies I’m going to eat them.

Waist/Belly Measurement? 30”/38”. I lost ½” in my belly? Someone pinch me. I seriously think she’s just dropping. I rarely feel movement above my belly button anymore. It’s kind of nice, because I never experienced the whole “I can’t breathe because my adorable little baby is kicking my lungs” thing. When I told the Doc, he said that I was lucky because I was “short waisted”. I’m really making my Doctor sound like a jerk, but in reality I think he’s hilarious and blunt, and I wouldn’t want any other person.

Stretch marks? No. Holy crap I’m getting so close to not getting these. Please, please, PLEASE let this continue.

Sleep? Considering that we’ve migrated into the queen bed in the guest room, it’s not that bad. Jesse got the urge to finish the floors throughout the house, which I guess is his version of nesting. Sadly, the only room to finish was our bedroom, so our house is a disaster area at the moment. This is absolutely torture to the pregnant woman he’s living with. All I want to do is clean, but the house is such a disaster that it’s not even worth it. I can’t see E’s crib at all because it’s blocked by our mattress… haha

Best moment this week? The Doc telling me that: 1. It’s OK to gain weight, and 2. Baby E is head down. Sooooooo exciting!! I think she might have been positioned like this for a while.

Miss Anything? A clean house. :)

Movement? My little pelvis kicker is still very active. Jesse likes to watch her move, because he thinks it’s so funny. She’s crazy! Plus I think his reactions are adorable.

Cravings? More of the same. Hamburgers and ice cream. Oy vey.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! It’s been a great 3rd trimester!

Labor Signs? Just that she’s still very low, and I get the occasional BH Contraction. I have my first “internal” exam on Friday, so we’ll see how favorable I am.

Symptoms? Actually, not much this week. No back pain, no acne, only the slightest amount of swelling, and a few nights I wanted to sleep a lot. I guess I’m also super slow, mostly because I’m not real mobile at this point.

Belly Button in or out?  Still in! Looking flatter each day… haha

Wedding rings on or off? Still on this week.

Happy or Moody most of the time? I was pretty happy for the most part. There were some times at work when I wanted to rip someone’s head off, but it was the same people who usually get that reaction from me regardless of my pregnancy. So I’d say happy.

Looking forward to? The holidays! Our office is clearing out and soon it will just be me, my Pandora station, and the gentle hum of the fluorescent lights. I love working over Christmas!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment